Grewelthorpe Women’s Institute meet on the first Thursday of each month in Grewelthorpe school. Meetings start at 7-30p.m.
There are an excellent variety of speakers throughout the year and a warm welcome is extended to any propsective members.
The group is active in outside events organised by the Federation, attending courses and taking part in various activities like quizzes and darts tournaments etc.
President is Kath Jeff, Secretary is Margaret Robinson. Contact any member for further details or just come to the next meeting.
Programme for 2013.
January 3rd – Bingo & supper
February 7th – Wonders of the waterways. – Richard Willis.
March 7th – Briefly speaking – James Ward.
April 4th – Development of the garden. – Angela Henson.
May 2nd. – Craft demo. – Sally Marr.
June 6th – World of Owls. – Ryan Stocks.
July 4th – Jennyruth workshops – Michael Myers.
August 1st – Nursing in the Navy – Nora Lewis.
September 5th – Local History – Elizabeth Witton.
October 3rd – AGM & Members evening.
November 7th – Cards – Barbara Bradley
December 5th – Flowers for Christmas – Kath Jeff.
2013 QUIZ – “WHERE AM I.”
Closing date 31st May 2013. The winner is Mrs E. Falshaw.
Thank you to everyone who supported us.
1. I belong to Glasgow, dear old Glasgow town.
2. The wife of Bath.
3. A foggy day in London town.
4. The merry wives of Windsor.
5.To grin like a Cheshire Cat.
6. The white rose of Yorkshire.
7. My little stick of Blackpool rock.
8. The tower of London.
9. The gangs of New York.
10. Irish eyes are smiling.
11. I left my heart in San Francisco.
12. See Naples and die.
13. The great fire of London.
14. Do you know the way to San Jose.
15. Is this the way to Amarillo.
16. Dublin Bay prawns.
17. The Manchester ship canal.
18. There’s an awful lot of coffee in Brazil.
19. April in Paris.
20. The road to Damascus.
21. To go cold Turkey.
22. Down the Old Kent road.
23. To send someone to Coventry.
24. Crocodile Dundee.
25. By the rivers of Babylon.
26. The Bermuda triangle.
27. Ireland is the Emerald Isle.
28. Stars fell on Alabama.
29. The midnight train to Georgia.
30. From Russia with love.
31. Are you going to Scarborough Fair.
32. Tulips from Amsterdam.
33. Tales from the Vienna Woods.
34. Don’t cry for me Argentina.
35. A slow boat to China.
36. Sweet lass of Richmond Hill.
37. Oh little town of Bethlehem.
38. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
39. South of the border down Mexico way.
40. A Mexican hat dance.